For businesses, CRM systems such as Zoho CRM are useful in managing their sales process to be more efficient as well as effective. This short guide will help new users in setting up their Zoho CRM which is currently one of the most widely used software solutions by small businesses.
- First, it is important to know everything about the layout and get familiar with it prior to using. Upon logging in, you will be directed to HOME where you can add data as well as customize your system. Visit the menu bars before the set up to be familiar with the layout.
- Importing data into Zoho is easy if you have only a few but for those with large database, manually doing it would take up a lot of time. There are two ways by which data can be migrated – transferring data from your old CRM system and transferring from a spreadsheet.
- You can fill up the custom fields if you want a more personalized experience with Zoho. To do this, go to the homepage and choose Getting Started. From there click the Customization link and this will lead you to a page where you can personalize your CRM.
- The next step is to arrange the sales opportunities that your business can get from using the CRM. At this point you must be satisfied with your contact pages. Head on to DEALS to monitor the sales opportunities. This is where you Create New Deal and input data such as account name, sales value, contact name, expected close date and so much more.
- The last step is to customize the different sales stages. The generic list included in Zoho CRM is Qualification, Analysis, Needs among many others. Every business has different sales process and the beauty of CRM is that you can customize the stages depending on the need of the business. Go to Getting Started, then Customization before proceeding to Deals.
In Zoho CRM, once you have transferred all contacts and filled up deals, you can start training your team in using Zoho. You can move on to learning advanced features after learning the basics.